This position is responsible for the custodial care of Corn Palace facilities and other buildings as assigned, working with a team of Building Custodians and Building Maintenance Technicians.
- Assists with set-up for events; set-up and tear-down of stage sets.
- Operates a variety of small equipment such as vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Inspects center buildings and facilities for repair and maintenance needs.
- Performs custodial maintenance duties; cleans and disinfects restrooms; cleans floors; empties trash receptacles.
- Mixes cleaning chemicals.
- Performs painting and other duties to refresh and upgrade the facilities.
- Monitors climate control equipment.
- Assists with snow removal operations.
- Performs laundry duties; orders laundry supplies.
- Provides a friendly atmosphere and positive customer service to tourists and other visitors to the facilities.
- Works varying shift as needed, including days, nights, weekends, and/or split shifts.
- Performs related duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in city buildings. The employee is exposed to dust, dirt and irritating chemicals. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
The City of Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.