• Assist with department training plan, progress, and cross training efforts to increase flexibility and ensure 100% coverage
• Ensure Quality checks and paperwork is complete before product leaves department.
• support lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles
• Assist with 5S improvements, Visual Factory Improvements, and Changeover/Setup Reductions
• Ensures employees maintain a clean working environment to include open aisles and good housekeeping as needed.
• Maintain Continuous Improvement mindset within the production teams
• Highlight critical issues of value stream to the Operations management team and champion to resolution
• Communicates daily all relevant information to Value Steam Leaders
• Informs maintenance of any work orders through MMS. In conjunction with Maintenance personnel, coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements and schedules.
• Ensures the safe and timely production of scheduled deliverables by effectively utilizing people, equipment, and material.
• Assists the Value Stream Leader with employee activities, including evaluation and discipline; Corrective Action Request responses and seeking out root cause solutions; collecting Daily Metrics and annual performance evaluations.
• Identifies and corrects unsafe acts or conditions, both in primary duties within department and throughout the plant.
• Assists employees with diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Actively participates in Gemba and prepares LDMS board as needed.
• Assists with the creation and update of standard work instructions.
• Works in the department as needed, up to 80% time, to maintain the flow of work.
• Acts as a certified First Responder when so trained
• Applies ISO-9000 system procedures and ensures compliance.
• Act a role model for team engagement and team morale
• Act, Live and Behave by TCF Core Values.
• Basic knowledge of shop math, hand tools, power tools, and fan knowledge.
• Basic ability to read shop orders, read blueprints, and read a tape measure.
• Understand and promote company KPI goals and core values.
• Meet expectations in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Efficiency.
• Interpersonal skills in efficient time management, good attendance, take/accept accountability, make ethical decisions, be customer focused, and work effectively with others.
• High school diploma or GED (required)
• 2+ year in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as policies and procedures, work instructions and standards.
• Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers in a productive manner.
• Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
• Ability to work as a team member to achieve overall Company objectives.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information. This includes, but is not limited to: performance, illness, investigations and personal information.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
• Electric and Manual Pallet Jack Training
• Forklift and Bridge Crane Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
• Continuously lift/move 25 pounds; occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds; occasionally pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
• Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles and/or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.