You'll Feel Right at Home.
We’re different from most banks. Not only do we treat our customers like friends, but we treat our employees like family. The kind of family that receives competitive compensation and benefits—but family nonetheless.
And we think you’ll love our friendly, outgoing, and laid-back work environment, where communication is open and creative ideas are welcome.
Plains Commerce Bank is looking for an experienced, energetic, self-motivated person to fill a Retail Banker I position in our Mitchell location.
- A Retail Banker I employee interacts with bank customers more than all other categories of employees. A Retail Banker must enjoy working with people, smile naturally, have a professional appearance and be good at remembering the customer’s name
- Understand and comply with the related Federal and State banking laws and compliance regulations such as: Bank Secrecy Act, privacy, and Funds Availability Policy
- Ability to calculate figures and attention to detail is essential
- Must be able to multi-task and work under stress and pressure
- General PC knowledge is required and must be able to maneuver well in the system to assist the customer with quality customer service
- Full-time hours, Monday - Friday
- Perform paying and receiving functions for customers. This will include taking deposits, withdrawals, and transfers from customers. Additionally, the Retail Banker I may sell cashier’s checks and help customers with additional related services
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift
- Provide high level of customer service in person or by phone. This includes understanding customer needs, as well as understanding the bank products offered, the ability to explain the value of those products to customers, and refer customers to the appropriate department if not Retail Banking
- Will be expected to cross-sell and refer customers and prospects to bank products