- Implementation of the agency treatment philosophy on the living unit.
- Effectively develop and implement programs and services that accomplish the treatment objectives for each resident on the unit.
- Promote quality services by the appropriate use and support of child care staff.
- Assume an integral role in providing care and services for the children
- Family Teachers will be screened prior to the placement of a child using standardized assessment methods that meet legal requirements.
- Family Teachers will have the experience, personal characteristics, and temperament to work with children and their biological families, and they must be able to provide care, protection, and experiences that enhance healthy child development.
- Knowledge of and experience with group process and group dynamics.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to subordinates.
- Ability to motivate and work cooperatively with other professionals and employees of the Agency.
- Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences in the client population.
Responsible To: Foster Parents
- Provide direct therapeutic services to children.
- Demonstrates training in and proficiency with the Love and Logic Model used by the agency, trains and consults with direct care staff regarding the program, and uses teaching interactions in their own work with youth.
- Assure close/appropriate supervision of children in accordance with agency standards.