Responsible for instruction on various subjects, including math, science, and literature. Works with students in a classroom setting within a K-12 school.
- Prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Maintain grade books. (Long-term substitutes)
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create lesson plans. (Long-term substitutes)
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Become familiar with standard school procedures.
- Work with principals and district administration in pursuit of the District Educational Mission
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Adhere at all times to the same high standards of conduct and professionalism that is expected of all district staff.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.