Join the team at Avera Queen of Peace Hospital as a Centralized Scheduler in our Central Scheduling Department!
- Full-time position, no call, no weekends and no holidays.
- Avera offers excellent benefits including health, dental, paid time off, generous retirement and competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly, fast paced department.
JOB SUMMARY: The Scheduling Specialist is responsible for answering Centralized Scheduling phones to accept outpatient diagnostic orders from physicians for hospital departments; interprets physician request for diagnostic test and schedules single to multiple tests according to required patient care protocols. Determines medical necessity validation and handles medical information along with transpiring medical orders into the health information system.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting and National Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years hospital, medical office, clinic, or hospital business operations experience required.