- Part time position working between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm, with occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Avera offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, paid time off and generous retirement.
- Minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of the patients, residents, family and staff.
- Maintain an atmosphere of Christian, patient-centered care at Avera Queen of Peace and Avera Health and Rehab.
- Support those who are critically ill, going into surgery and visit residents.
- Have knowledge of the basic elements of the religious aspect of healthcare.
- Familiarity with religious practices of various denominations helpful.
- Ability to listen to and converse with patients, and families.
- Sensitivity to the diversity of others’ culture, religion and opinions.
- Ability to work with various healthcare professionals.
- Obtain and report necessary information and communicate with parish clergy in ministering to patients and families.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, or related field preferred.
- One year of pastoral experience in a health care institution preferred.
- Two units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or combination of pastoral experience in health care and CPE required within twelve months of employment. Four units CPE preferred.
- Good standing in the church, denomination and/or religious order; ecclesiastical endorsement required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Board Certification with the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) is preferred.