Avera Queen of Peace Hospital named among the Top 100 Rural and Community Hospitals!
Join the team at Avera Queen of Peace Hospital as a Licensed Practical Nurse in our Central Scheduling Department!
- Part-time position, no call, no weekends and no holidays.
- Avera offers excellent benefits including health, dental, paid time off, generous retirement and competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly, fast paced department.
- Responsible for answering Centralized Scheduling phones to accept outpatient diagnostic orders from physicians for hospital departments.
- Interprets physician request for diagnostic test and schedules single to multiple tests according to required patient care protocols.
- Determines medical necessity validation and handles medical information along with transpiring medical orders into the health information system.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in South Dakota.
- Three (3) to five (5) years hospital, medical office, clinic, or hospital business operations experience required.