Objective of Position: The Supervisor adheres and manages all safety rules and regulations. Develops safety-focused employees with required safety training. Promotes a lean culture through TKOS, focusing on 5S and waste. Along with the support departments, insures that all products meet the company standards and are built to drawings, specifications and meeting customer delivery.
- Adheres & manages all safety rules and regulations to assure a safe environment for all people.
- Verifies that all assigned personnel have received all required safety training.
- Maintains assigned shop areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition by deploying 5S.
- Insures that all products meet company standards and are built to drawings or specifications using approved methods.
- Communicates to the management team on quality improvements.
- Supervises all shop floor personnel in the assigned area.
- Assigns personnel to specific areas or projects.
- Assures that the personnel have the required instruction, tools, parts, prints, etc.
- Plans production throughput to meet or exceed the master production schedule in assigned area.
- Monitors/tracks hours worked by employees, evaluates based on established standards, helps establish new standards and communicates performance to production employees.
- Works toward increasing efficiencies in all facets of manufacturing through TKOS.
- Works with and maintains excellent communication with all departments at all levels to insure that products and processes meet Trail King standards of Quality, Safety, Delivery and Cost.
- Uniformly enforces and acts as a role model in the adherence to company rules, policies and procedures set forth by the company handbook and management.
- Continually evaluates the work of personnel in area.
- Assists personnel, through education and training, to improve their understanding of the machinery and product being produced.
- Prepares performance evaluations of personnel by qualifying and quantifying the skills, abilities, strengths and weaknesses of all people in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Keeps open lines of communication between all areas of the shop to help alleviate potential problems.
- Works any and all shifts as required.
- Tests, interviews and evaluates skills and potential of new hire or posted candidates.
- Attend continuing education as directed by the company.
- Identify all critical type positions and insure backup personnel is in place; send personnel for training as necessary, and see backup personnel is rotated in position to maintain skills.
- Performs additional tasks appropriate to the job as assigned by management including, but not limited to, Lean Projects, Lean Initiatives, and Cost Reduction Projects through TKOS.
- Notifies Director of Manufacturing of inventory and supply shortages.
- Champions annual physical inventory activities as assigned.
- Performance Measurements:
- Assures conformance to Personnel and Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for products meeting Trail King’s quality, efficiency standards, and schedules.
Position Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years trailer manufacturing experience.
- Familiar or engaged with Lean Initiatives/Manufacturing concepts through TKOS.
- Possess competencies, or possess the ability to learn competencies, with all fixtures, routings, structures, etc. that affect the assigned area.
- Possess an excellent work history.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Open minded and possess the skills to research and weigh all facts before coming to conclusions or making decisions.
- Possess the ability to control emotions in stressful situations.
- Self-motivated and an independent worker.
- Possess strong organizational and planning skills.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including any and all shifts, in order to cover any assigned work area.
- Experience with computers.
- Previous supervision experience is a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes and is near moving machinery.
EOE F/M/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Disabled/Vet Employer
Drug Free Work Place