Summary: Operate the CNC machine to produce tanks, based on the work order and blueprint instruction.
- Read and understand detailed work order instructions and blueprints.
- Set up the cycle time on the machine, when starting the shift.
- Compare work orders with the tanks provided, load the monitor with this order information.
- Manually load the CNC machine with the aluminum raw material, and operate the machine.
- Monitor and periodically check the machine to make sure it is running properly, check the tanks to make sure they are being produced within quality standards.
- Attach helical coil to the tank if indicated on the work order instructions.
- De-burr the tanks after they have been cut in the CNC machine.
- Document and label the finished tanks.
- Position the tanks in the weld prep machine, and make adjustments to the machine to tighten the tanks in place.
- Operate the weld prep machine to cut the bevel to cut and bevel the sides of the tank.
- Position the tanks into the corner cutting machine, if needed, and bevel the corners of the tanks.
- Fill the carts with finished tanks, and manually push those carts to the designated storage are.
- Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
- Report any issues to the supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG's environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.