Summary: Locate, retrieve and assemble parts onto the coolers, based on the work order instructions. When completed, move the coolers to a skid and prepare the coolers for the Shipping department.
- Read and understand the work instruction list, and print off the related blueprints.
- Inspect the quality of the coolers, and use corrective tools to make any necessary repairs and adjustments.
- Locate and retrieve parts that are needed for assembly.
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, move the cooling package to the work area.
- Assemble and attach the parts to the cooling package, in accordance with the blueprint instructions.
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, move the cooling package from the work area to the appropriate skid and tack the cooling packages by using wood or cardboard spacers.
- Document that the cooling package has been assembled, and place a label on the cooling package to indicate completion.
- Use a saw, as needed, to cut the plywood and build the skids.
- Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of various parts used in the Final Assembly department.
- Report any issues to the supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG's environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.