- Follow shop orders and/or blue prints to determine specified dimensions such as size, proper metals, key weights, length and width.
- Operate bridge crane or fork lift to move, load, and unload materials and supplies within the department.
- Operate various tools/machines (engine lathe, milling machine, band saw, broach and drill press) to cut shafting and/or other metals.
- Sand down rough areas and ensure that all other specifications are met.
- Ensure that shaft dimensions are correct and that the prop fits tightly.
- Stand product number on shaft’s end. Record finalized product and place on cart or pallet with appropriate paper work.
- Maintains machines by performing basic lubrications and grinding personal tools.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years demonstrated machine operating experience and/or training (technical school) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of part and tool names.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English preferred. This includes shop orders, blue prints and time sheets.
- Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers in a productive manner.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of geometry and to read charts.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously up to 25 pounds; occasionally pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist; and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles and/or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.