Objective of Position: Responsible for movement of materials and trailers throughout the plant
1. Operates forklift to lift, transport, and position materials, supplies, trailers, and parts to meet production requirements.
2. Operates equipment in a manner that upholds the integrity of the equipment.
3. Services all areas assigned as efficiently as possible to avoid delays.
4. Keeps counts, records, and tags of inventory as required.
5. Follows plant safety regulations and uses due care and caution in the use of the forklift and the movement of material around all personal in the plant and yard.
6. Performs preventive maintenance checks and refers any needed repairs or service to maintenance department.
7. Handles, stores, and disposes of all hazardous materials properly and successfully completes annual training.
8. Practices 5S
9. Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Position Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. 1 year forklift or heavy equipment operation experience required
2. Basic math knowledge including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
3. Entry level computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite products
4. Able to accurately measure with use of a tape measure
5. Able to clearly document part numbers, stock locations and descriptions
Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. At times, must use ladders to work at heights of up to 12 feet.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes and is near moving machinery.
This position profile describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Furthermore, this position profile does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
EOE F/M/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disabled/Vet Employer
Drug Free Work Place