Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. a leading manufacturer and distributor of office products solutions is seeking two Packaging Operators for our Toner Products Division located in Mitchell, South Dakota. One opening is on 2nd shift (3:30 p.m. to 12:00 Midnight) and one is on 3rd shift (11:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.)
Set- up and operate packaging equipment in medium -heavy manufacturing environment while monitoring process flow using computer aided technology. Ensure strict adherence to equipment operating procedures and standards in a safe manner. Perform related material handling functions.
- Operate computerized equipment to package toner products including, PCs, packaging lines, labelers, Laser coders, and tapping machines. Make adjustments to the packaging equipment based on the data. Perform a variety of material handling functions including manual movement of materials. Maintain packaging quality levels on an ongoing basis. Identify quality problems and do preliminary investigating to determine the cause. This requires audits of the weight, lot number, supply part numbers, chip program verification. Quality checks including, slide position, auger position, label position, ensure no leaks of toner, chip is present up to 1,200 parts per shift.
- Accurately record all packaging activity daily; including Oracle job schedules, waste reporting, back flushing of supplies, moving and completing finished goods, OEE data, and other electronic data systems and forms.
- Perform start up and shut down duties pertaining to packaging equipment at the beginning and end of each shift. Maintain a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Ensure packaging equipment is in good repair and perform established preventive maintenance to ensure optimum performance of the equipment. Trouble shoot and advise maintenance or engineering of systematic sequence failures in equipment or process. Participate and support improvement projects including MI projects.
- Actively participate in improvement activities including MI projects. Maintain 5S practices and housekeeping of designated areas.
- Responsible for packaging integrity and quality audits on each shift following Process Operating Standards (POS) and Complete Quality Audits as stated in POS.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must feel comfortable with fast paced manufacturing environment with changing priorities.
- Basic knowledge of trouble shooting techniques of equipment and processes a plus.
- Must have basic Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and be comfortable data entering data into computer.
- Must have basic math and good communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be Team oriented and have the ability to comprehend detailed written instructions and procedures
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request accommodation.