Paint Line Production Helpers Use the powder coating machine to paint the coolers in accordance with work order instructions and AKG guidelines.
Tasks and ResponsibilitiesJob Qualifications
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Read and understand detailed work order instructions.
- Use computer programs to retrieve information on the coolers, if the paperwork is not supplied or is incomplete.
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, unload the coolers from the skid and hang them on the paintline.
- Check powder levels in the powder coating machine and add more if necessary.
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, lift the cooler off of the paintline once the process is complete.
- Inspect the quality of the cooler after it has been powder coated. If needed, use paint to touch up untreated areas.
- Add plugs or package the coolers if indicated on the work order instructions.
- Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
- Must be able to stand (100%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (35%) of the time.
- Must be able to use a pallet jack and a chain hoist.
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves.