- Manages operations in his/her area to ensure the safe and timely completion of production schedules or department work by effectively utilizing people, equipment and material. This includes coordination of Team Leaders (if applicable), time and production records, and ensuring that job assignments and work are set up for employees in the department.
- Ensures that the team’s overall quality levels (quality of product or department work) and on-time delivery schedules are maintained.
- Interacts with various levels of people in the plant as needed.
- Ensures that TCF policies, procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Supervises employee activities. This includes: evaluation and discipline; overall performance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems; initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals; and effective communication with associates.
- Reviews availability of parts or materials for department work in the coming weeks. Notifies appropriate departments, as needed, of potential shortages.
- Maintains safe working conditions in his/her area. Continually works on safety awareness with associates. Enforces safety regulations.
- Inspects production/department work to verify conformance to specifications and directs any adjustments as needed.
- Studies production/department work schedules and estimates employee hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production/department schedules and goals.
- Continually works on process improvement and department efficiency. This includes recommendations to improve: production methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Provides employees with interpretations of specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed.
- Pending plant location, translates shop orders and schedule information into cutting lists and consolidates jobs to make efficient use of both people and materials. May also plan use of scrap and drop material.
- Communicates with other supervisors or managers as needed to coordinate activities of respective departments or areas.
- Assures the accurate and timely reporting of various records which may include (depending on department and plant location): Time Sheets, Production Reports, Rework Reports, Check Sheets, Down Time Date, Employee Job Transfers, etc.
- Assists employees with diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Informs/directs Maintenance personnel to maintain and repair machinery and equipment as needed. In conjunction with Maintenance personnel, coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements and schedules.
- Actively participates with the entire Operation Team to support and implement initiatives.
- May operate bridge crane or fork lift to load and unload materials to-from-within department.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and department or product line.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years’ TCF Team Lead experience in relevant department, i.e., welding, shipping, sheet metal, receiving, machine shop, assembly, paint, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others, and delegate as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain a work environment/climate of mutual respect, safety and cleanliness.
- Ability to successfully complete basic supervision course work and to utilize principles of the training.
- Good verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and productively to all levels of personnel in the plant.
- Ability to work as a team member toward overall Company objectives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information. This includes, but is not limited to: performance, illness, investigations and personal information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. This includes shop orders and blue prints.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Frequently lift/move 25 pounds; occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist, and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.