Production Worker - Materials: Days
- Operates forklift and/or bridge crane to upload trucks and move materials to required areas/departments.
- Visually inspects incoming materials for defects/damages. Verifies that incoming order is correct and that all parts are present. Signs freight bill.
- Maintains and operates inventory control by taking inventory on a regular basis.
- Fills out requisition forms and restocks all items as needed. Updates inventory records on the computer.
- Uses the schedule and shop orders to find out what parts need to be on hand. Delivers parts as needed.
- Labels materials for identification purposes. Locates and stores products as needed.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years’ experience in receiving operations and/or inventory control functions preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to read and use requisition forms, shop orders, transfer sheets, drawings and part sheets.
- Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers in a productive manner.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Basic Hazards Certificate and/or Hazmat Training pending location
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously talk or hear.
- Frequently stand and walk; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height, at shoulder height at waist level and below the waist; and bend, crouch and kneel.
- Occasionally sit, climb, balance or squat.
- Continuously lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Frequently push or pull (pallet jack) up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)