- Complete all operations of the robot. Pending plant location, this may include: “configuration of welds and speed”, determine reference points and direction of machine welding path”, adjust wire and heat parameters for optimum weld settings and maximum machine performance”.
- Analyze drawings and engineering specifications to determine dimensions of parts and welding parameters.
- Check and install consumables.
- Pending plant location, create and edit programs at the machine. Revise programs to eliminate errors.
- Performs and documents all inspections with the required equipment to maintain constant performance to print specifications.
- Pending plant location, may assist Plant Engineer in designing fixtures for the robot. In most locations, this position will maintain fixtures to include: “change fixtures or tooling”, “evaluate broken or worn fixtures and communicate needs”.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- Vo-Tech training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree preferred.
- 1+ years welding experience required, 2+ years welding preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English preferred. This includes blue prints and job specification sheets.
- Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers in a productive manner.
- Advanced math skills to include geometry and trigonometry or equivalent.
- Ability to read micrometers and calipers is preferred.
- Programming experience preferred.
- CNC knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training, pending location
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move 25 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 50 pounds; frequently pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist; and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles and/or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.