- Inspects the product and shop order to determine size and shape of container required, materials to be used, and types and sizes of supports and braces to be used.
- Builds wooden crates around large or odd shaped articles to meet shipping specifications.
- Operates fork lift / bridge crane to move containers, lumber, paper and other supplies to crating area.
- Safely uses the following tools/machines to meet the specifications for crate design and durability; nail gun, staple gun, various saws, grinder (face shield provided), impact wrenches, drills, tape measure and all basic hand tools.
- Identifies measurements of crates and attaches labels, stamps or stencils with required information on the crate, including height, width, weight, shipping destination and type of product.
- Loads product to be shipped onto proper truck.
- Act, live, and behave by TCF Core Values
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ months’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English preferred.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move 10 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stand; walk; bend/stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Frequently bend, squat, crouch, and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.