Objective of Position:
The Sourcing Manager coordinates the efforts of the Sourcing team. They strive to ensure that the team is providing effective and timely information flow and support between Trail King and its suppliers. They ensure their team is empowered to achieve the annual goals established for them. Major focus is put on productivity, quality and delivery.
- They will help define and support the AOP and LRP initiatives of Trail King Industries, creating key performance indicators that monitors and drives the performance of their team in the support of these initiatives.
- This individual will define, enable, and monitor supplier metrics that drive expected and improved performance from our suppliers.
- They will keep the senior leadership apprised of the cost tendencies that they are observing and expect to occur in the market place in order to ensure Trail King’s product pricing strategies are reflective of these tendencies.
- They will be responsible for NPD sign off on the behalf of Sourcing and will develop effective ECN implementation procedures with our supply base, ensuring that we receive the product required to support our manufacturing operations.
- They will maintain the necessary Sourcing records and provide and monitor the necessary financial information supporting the activities of their team and completion of monthly financial reporting.
- They will work to ensure suppliers are paid within agreed upon terms.
- They will ensure that their team is focused on supplier productivity and inventory reduction, while maintaining production.
- Design and manage supply chain strategies that drive efficiencies related to lean six sigma.
- They will promote the use of supplier managed inventory programs wherever possible; SMI, SOMI, Kan Ban, etc.
- They will be expected to travel to all company locations and suppliers as required to effectively manage their responsibilities.
- They will ensure that each associate will have a clear direction for personal development.
- Annual performance metrics for associates and themselves will be maintained to ensure employees’ performance is benchmarked against clearly established goals tied to the AOP requirements of the company.
- They are responsible for all transactions for goods and services necessary for the company to maintain its production and its grounds.
Position Qualifications: To qualify for this strategic leadership position, candidates will
- Possess strong technical skills and creative problem solvers.
- They will be team oriented, resilient, and adaptable and have strong interpersonal skills,
- Capable of building the necessary alliances to accomplish the required tasks.
- Preferred qualifications: A 4 year business or technical degree, 10 years of Sourcing experience, and savvy PC skills.
Personal Trait Profile:
Humble yet ambitious in their desire to succeed. They are attentive to detail, dependable, and honest. Confident in their abilities and an excellent communicator.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. This position requires the individual must be able to walk, stand, climb and sit as needed during the shift.