- Adheres & manages all safety rules and regulations to assure a safe environment for all employees.
- Verifies that all assigned personnel have received all required safety training.
- Assures assigned personnel maintain a neat, orderly, and safe condition by deploying 5S.
- Participate in safety audits and incident reporting.
- Ensures personnel are trained to company quality standards and audits to the standard.
- Along with Engineering, Quality Control, and Service Dept, ensures that products meet company standards and are built to drawings or specifications using approved methods.
- Follows all Engineering and Manufacturing memos.
- Follows all routings set-up for parts.
- Follows all cut sheets.
- Consults with the Plant Manager and/or Quality Manager when any deviation is deemed necessary.
- Manages personnel in the assigned area.
- Assigns personnel to specific areas or projects.
- Plans production throughput to meet/exceed the production schedule in assigned area.
- Ensures work history file are being properly maintained.
- Participates in development and implementation of operational excellence best practices and elimination of material waste and inefficiencies.
- Establishes and maintains Continuous Improvement culture and practices for assigned Production Departments
- Ensures that the personnel have the required instruction, tools, parts, prints, etc.
- Responsible for approving Kronos and auditing to ensure teams are tracking time properly.
- Monitors production hours in assigned areas and helps personnel to meet/exceed expectations.
- Maintains excellent communication with all departments at all levels to ensure that products and processes meet company standards of Quality, Safety, Cost and Delivery
- Uniformly enforces and acts as a role model in the adherence to company rules, policies and procedures set forth by the company handbook and management.
- Continually evaluates the work of personnel in area.
- Prepares performance evaluations of personnel by qualifying and quantifying the skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses of all people in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Keeps open lines of communication between all areas of the shop to help alleviate potential problems.
- Attend continuing education as directed by the company.
- Identify all critical type positions and ensure backup personnel is in place; send personnel for training as necessary and see backup personnel is rotated in position to maintain skills.
- Participate in interviewing potential candidates as needed.
- Performs additional tasks appropriate to the job as assigned by management i.e., but not limited to Lean Projects, Lean Enterprise Initiatives, and Cost Reduction Projects.
- Assures conformance to Personnel and Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for products meeting Trail King’s quality, efficiency standards, and schedules
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to lead and motivate others, develop talent for future success.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Open minded and possess the skills to research and weigh all facts before coming to conclusions or making decisions.
- Strong problem solving and conflict-resolution capabilities.
- Self-motivated and an independent worker.
- Possess strong organizational and planning skills.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including all shifts, to cover any assigned work area.
- Familiar with Lean Enterprise/Manufacturing concepts
- Experience with computers
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes and is near moving machinery.
EOE F/M/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Disabled/Vet Employer
Drug Free Work Place