POSITION: Creative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Convention Visitors Bureau
REPORTS TO: Chamber/CVB Director
FUNCTION: Responsibilities include graphic design, website management, marketing, visitor & industry relations and administrative duties.
- Creates marketing materials for print, digital, website and social media within brand standards, ensures company messages are consistent.
- Manages all social media efforts, maintains website content and develops monthly e-Newsletter content.
- Assists in the creation of proposals and presentations.
- Assists the Tourism and Marketing Strategist to implement marketing plans and strategies.
- Assists the Sales Manager in the implementation of events, meetings and conferences.
- Works in conjunction with the Chamber/CVB Director to develop reports for various boards and committees.
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors; acts as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
- Maintains records on visitor information requests, hunting information, bus tour requests, and attendance records at local visitor attractions.
- Processes requests for information, ensuring that all inquiries from mail, walk-in, and telephone receive prompt and courteous responses.
- Provides visitor information center with marketing materials and brochures.
- Coordinates familiarization trip(s) and travel writers’ visits.
- Greets and provides service to customers via phone, email and walk-ins.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Valid Driver’s Licenses
- Proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite
- Marketing Communications experience in graphic design, website management and social media experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Willing to work weekends and evenings, when required
- Professional appearance
- Salary Range $28,000-$32,000, DOE
- Cover letter, resume and portfolio