Dakota Wesleyan University is looking for a creative individual to support the DWU marketing and communications team with graphic design, social media, website management, photography, and video production.
The creative content developer will be responsible for creating graphical content for print and digital ads, various social media accounts, and the university website. As the campus photographer, this position will be responsible for capturing a variety of photos across the DWU campus and producing videos upon request.
The DWU marketing and communications team strives to effectively promote the university’s academic programs, student experience and campus happenings across multimedia channels. Successful candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication, ability to manage complex and detailed projects, knowledge of web design and development, experience with graphic design and video editing, and have a demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of DWU.
MISSION: As an inclusive educational community, DWU provides a transformative learning experience that cultivates enduring intellectual growth, ethically grounded leadership, intentional faith exploration and meaningful service.
Demonstrate commitment to higher education at a church-related university -
- Able to articulate DWU’s mission and values
- Able to promote the mission and programs of the university
- Able to effectively communicate with a diverse group of faculty and students
Exhibits strong personal motivation -
- Able to work independently; self-starter
- Organized; detailed oriented
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Shows proficiency in project management
- Address campus needs and project obligations in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and general PC or MAC operations.
- Experience with web editing software, including the ability to learn and navigate a custom CMS portal.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience with Adobe creative software, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro preferred
- Understanding of multiple social media platforms and trends
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create graphical elements for print and digital ads
- Create material for and manage DWU social media accounts
- Serve as the campus photographer and videographer
- Create, edit and review all website content on a continuous basis
- Gather and implement feedback from DWU faculty and staff on website design and technical development needs
- Assist with projects as needed by the marketing and communications team to meet overall goals
- Become familiar with all University’s programs, offerings and opportunities on campus
- Interact with various university departments and become acquainted with personnel
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references and a design portfolio to:
Dakota Wesleyan University
1200 W. University Avenue
Mitchell, SD 57301
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.