- Provide advocacy services and support to survivors of domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault or abuse and their children.
- Provide crisis line, office, and house coverage during the shift. Assess and safety plan immediate crisis needs of clients and address appropriately. Field incoming calls and drop-in clients and complete necessary documentation. Support the daily operations of the shelter.
- Complete and maintain client records and document services provided.
- Educate clients about dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault and provide options/resources available.
- Work with clients to maintain a safety plan.
- Refer clients to other agencies and resources and advocate directly with other agencies as needed.
- Conduct in shelter client assessments and intakes. Orient clients to shelter and guidelines. Assist clients in identifying and fulfilling needs.
- Oversee shelter security, environment, and activities and comply with all the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Participate in staff meetings, conference, and other meetings as needed.
- Facilitate support groups as needed.
Shelter AdvocateMitchell Area SafehouseJob Description