Purpose:Provide the nurturance and safety required to care for youngsters.
Integrate the Agency's programming into the daily life of each youngster in residential care.
- Degree preferred but not needed. Experience a plus!
- Personal characteristics and temperament suited to working with, caring for and winning the respect of young people.
- Training and experience background that enables them to provide care, guide the development and effectively manage young people.
- Adaptable to and in agreement with the program's methods and the content of Agency Services.
- Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences in the client population.
Responsible To: Unit Director
- Ensure the safety and well-being of every youngster.
- Provide opportunities for the youth to learn and improve social skills using the trauma informed care model.
- Provide a positive therapeutic environment through the appropriate use of self and treatment techniques.
- Prepare timely and accurate documentation, reports, log narratives, and other assigned writing.
- Participation in the team process by working cooperatively with other staff and attending all assigned meetings.
- The timely reporting of all incidents and unusual situations, as well as equipment failures or safety issues.
- Advance working skills and knowledge by in-service training and other means available.
- Intervention in crisis situations by responding appropriately.
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of the residents Treatment Plan.
- Respond to other expectations of the Agency and/or supervisors.