We are hiring for a friendly, passionate, and creative leader to join our team as the Meat Department Manager. As the key leader accountable for department performance, you will ensure successful operation of the meat department by obtaining maximum sales and gross profits through effective utilization of personnel and resources available. You will lead the store meat team through ongoing training, influencing, and coaching to ensure remarkable guest service is provided by all. Expected to know, understand, and continue learning about different cuts of meat.
You will be responsible for directing and coordinating the ordering, receiving, merchandising, pricing, and freshness of department product. Key responsibilities include: accurate recordkeeping, guest service, employee relations, labor, gross profit, expense control, inventory, shrink, public relations, stocking, controlling freshness by rotating and removing out-of-stock merchandise, directing the workload of team members, conducting performance evaluations and accountability conversations and ensuring all food safety and company safety practices are understood and followed.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- is at least 18 years of age;
- has previous retail-level leadership/managerial experience;
- a self-motivated and enthusiastic people person who is a guest service rock star;
- has a strong sense of pride in ensuring their work area is clean and tidy;
- is excellent with multi-tasking; and doesn't mind a fast-paced work environment in varying temperatures and cool/damp conditions –
Here's a list of some of the many benefits that we offer to part time team members:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) plans
- Employee Discount