POSITION: Events Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Convention Visitors Bureau
REPORTS TO: Chamber of Commerce / Convention & Visitors Bureau Director
FUNCTION: Increase overnight stays, generate sales and entertainment tax dollars by attracting visitors to Mitchell by means of conferences, meetings, athletics, and special events.
- Develops, plans, and executes special events, promotions and services targeting specific market segments; such as sporting events, ag tourism, conventions, activities.
- Prospecting for and presenting sales presentations to acquire new events.
- Organizes the preparation of proposals and bid presentations using marketing resource materials for new and returning events.
- Coordinates and arranges for volunteers for events, registration for conventions, welcome bags, assembling programs, etc.
- Acts as liaison between event/meeting planners and service businesses; offers suggestions and assistance planning entertainment, tours, etc.
- Work with event/meeting planners to help promote events thought various media outlets.
- Types and files SEA correspondence, minutes and reports.
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area.
- Tracks visitor numbers from events, meetings, promotions and develops reports per event.
- Coordinate and oversee internships relating to event management.
Valid Drivers’ License
- Sales, hospitality, and/or customer service industries preferred
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Willing to work weekends and evenings
- Knowledge of budget development
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to provide leadership
- Experience with volunteer organizations helpful
- Professional appearance
- A willingness to learn
- Use of sound judgement and decision making
- Able to use computer and office equipment
SALARY RANGE AND BENEEFITS:
Salary based upon the combination of experience and education. Vacation and personal leave, shared health insurance costs, employer paid long term disability, and matching retirement contributions. Employee funded benefits include dental insurance, Aflac and a flex cafeteria plan.