Vantage Point Solutions, a growing and dynamic telecommunications consulting and engineering firm, is seeking a qualified individual to join our team of professionals. We have an immediate opening for a Data Network Specialist at our headquarters in Mitchell, SD.
Typical duties for this position include:
- Designing and implementing ISP network topologies
- Diagnosing ISP network problems with various software tools
- Respond to and resolve customer service requests in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner
- Managing and documenting configuration changes and network architectures
- Performing network security/design assessments
- Describing technical information to non-technical individuals
- Continuously monitor industry trends, and applies this knowledge to the position
- Researching networking equipment and software
- Attention to detail (ie, proofreading, data, communications, etc.)
- Ability to communicate confidently with both clients and team members
- Strong written communication across multiple platforms (ie, email, reports, etc.)
- Proficiency in common Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is required. Experience with Cisco and Juniper hardware is a plus, but not required.
No direct supervisory duties.