Vantage Point Solutions has an immediate opening for a PreDrawn Operator at our headquarters in Mitchell, SD.
The primary function of the PreDrawn Operator is creation of Phase 1 and Phase 2 Fielding Drawings. The Fielding Drawings are representations of network routes in both town and rural environments with detailed dimensions as specified for each project and/or geographical location. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this position as the fielding drawings will be used by contractors for construction purposes.
- Ability to interpret an overview map notated by Field Staff to designate the construction route and equipment;
- Ability to transfer the information notated on an overview map to a series of Fielding Drawings with the appropriate level of detail as specified;
- Examples of details that may be required include streets with street names, intersections, location of fiber route, location of existing facilities such as structures, right-of-way, sidewalks, bridges, waterways, utility poles (this is a partial, not all-inclusive list);
- Ability to utilize Google Earth and other online resources to ensure accurate and comprehensive Fielding Drawings;
- Ability to perform quality checks on their own drawings as well as the drawings of others on the team;
- Ability to consistently meet assigned timelines;
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail and Results Oriented;
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Functional knowledge of MS Office
- Telecom experience;
- Experience using software such as Microsoft Visio and Google Earth as well as experience using government websites