Vantage Point Solutions, a growing and dynamic telecommunications consulting and engineering firm, is seeking a qualified individual to join our team of professionals. We have an immediate opening for a Quality Control Specialist at our headquarters in Mitchell, SD.
Accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this role, as well as interpersonal communication within a focused team and fast-paced work environment.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Ability to interpret an overview map notated by Field Staff to designate the construction route and equipment;
- Ability to understand and ensure the information notated on an overview map is accurate and contains the appropriate level of detail as specified;
- Examples of details that may be required include streets with street names, intersections, location of fiber route, location of existing facilities such as structures, right-of-way, sidewalks, bridges, waterways, utility poles (this is a partial, not all-inclusive list);
- Ability to utilize Google Earth and other online resources to ensure accurate and comprehensive Fielding Drawings;
- Maintaining records and adhering to internal processes;
- Ability to perform quality checks on drawings created by others on the team, and appropriately and effectively communicate corrections and approvals;
- Ability to consistently meet assigned timelines;
- Other duties as assigned;
Skills and Requirements
- Attention to detail is critical in this position
- Strong interpersonal communication in person, over the phone, and over email/digital platforms
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for assignments, duties, and projects
- Proficiency in common Microsoft programs, especially Outlook and Excel
- Resourcefulness and ability to learn
Education & Experience
- This is an entry-level position; no specific education, experience, technical skills, or background are required. However, the ideal candidate must excel at routine, and take pride in attention to detail and producing a quality deliverable.