Vantage Point Solutions, a growing and dynamic telecommunications consulting and engineering firm, is seeking a qualified individual to join our team of professionals. We have an immediate opening for a Server Systems Specialist at our headquarters in Mitchell, SD.
Typical duties for this position include:
- Architecting, implementing, managing, and supporting server solutions and projects for clients
- Maintaining, evaluating, and migrating virtual environments
- Network backups, replication, disaster recovery, and monitoring
- Solving complex issues across a variety of hardware and software platforms through practical knowledge of VLANS, TCP/IP, NAT, and VPN technologies
- Documentation of client environments, procedural documentation, and project documentation
- Describing technical information to non-technical individuals
- Continuously monitor industry trends, and applies this knowledge to the position
- Researching server, backup, and cloud technologies
- Installation, configuration, and administration of VMware vSphere, and Veeam software
- Hands on experience in remediating VM and host level performance issues
- Hands on experience in performing physical to virtual conversions
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail (ie, proofreading, data, communications, etc.)
- Ability to communicate confidently with both clients and team members
- Proficiency in common Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s or associates degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is required. Certifications from multiple technologies/vendors such as MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, VMCE, are a plus, but not required.
No direct supervisory duties.