Business Day at the Legislature is a virtual event this year.
You will have the opportunity to learn about current legislative debates, participate in Business Caucus and hear from leading speakers from the comfort of your own office. A web link will be sent to each registered participant prior to start time.
1:30-2:30 p.m. - Legislative Update & Business Caucus
- David Owen, President of South Dakota Chamber
- Ryan Budmayr, Director of Political & Public Affairs of Lawrence & Schiller
2:30-2:45 p.m. - Chamber Message & Sponsor Recognition
2:45-4:15 p.m. - Guest Speaker Program
- Governor Kristi Noem (invited)
- GOED Commissioner Steve Westra (tentative)
- US Chamber of Commerce John Kirchner, Executive Director of Congressional & Public Affairs
Special messages from:
- Senator John Thune
- Senator Mike Rounds
- Congressman Dusty Johnson
Business Caucus is your opportunity to voice your opinions on legislative and business related questions. Attendees will answer multiple choice questions online. All responses are tabulated instantly and displayed as percentages. Not only does this give Chamber insights into member priorities but the results are shared with Legislators as the collective "voice of business".
A positive business climate does not happen by chance. The work of the South Dakota Chamber provides statewide leadership on many issues but we cannot do this alone. Your involvement is needed.